Sunday, January 10, 2010

Snatch sketches (the movie)

I revisited the film Snatch yesterday, subtitles ON. I had fun sketching the characters and also realized that 'Brick Top' is definitely one of my favorite bad guys ever. It got me thinking of my other top movie bad guys/girls.

Biff - Back to the Future
Annie Wilkes - Misery
Frank Booth (Dennis Hopper) - Blue Velvet
Nurse Ratched - One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
Chigurh - No Country for Old Men
Full Force - House Party
Don Logan (Ben Kingsley) - Sexy Beast
Mama Fratelli - The Goonies
Ed Rooney - Ferris Bueller's Day Off
The gremlins - Gremlins

10 comments:

Laura Jane said...

hell yeah annie wilkes

Favela said...

caca doody!

Brandon said...

Great list! Here's a couple of mine: Verbal Kint (Keyser Soze) - Usual Suspects, and Sergeant Hartman -Full Metal Jacket.

stephen said...

gary oldman in leon (the professional)
tim curry in legend
the penguin in the wrong trousers

Isaac Orloff Illustration said...

check out the movie "lucky number slevin" very similar movies, great villians. i did some sketching from snatch around the same time you did, thats a coincidence.

Favela said...

Brandon: yeah Sergeant Hartman is definitely up there for me. I read recently that most of his dialogue in the film is ad libbed! makes him even more of a bad ass.

Steve: dude...the penguin. GOOD ONE!!!

Isaac: thanks for the movie recommendation, I'll check it out! it's cool we are on similar snatch sketching schedules!

Wayne B. Medina said...

dude these are sick lol. have you ever watched the city of lost children? they have a whole slew of evil baddies up in there. with amazing faces too

Papageiena said...

Brick Top is outstanding! I laughed myself into a charlie horse when he bellowed at his boxers, "What the FUCK are you two looking at?!"

R.Dress said...

Hey man I love your drawings!

ethan said...

these sketches are (as we say in Norther california) hella cool man, keep the posts coming.